Please take time to select the courses for next school year which are the best match for you. Take into account your interests, your abilities and your goals. Gather information from your teachers, counselor, and parents as you build your academic program for next year.
If you have any questions or if you have any problems with the online course selection, please contact your counselor.
- To make your time online more efficient, you may use the Course Selection Sheet to write down all your course selections prior to entering them online.
- If you are unable to select your courses online, you may complete the Course Selection Worksheet and turn it in to the Guidance Office.
- Please use the 2016-2017 Gunn Course Catalog to access information such as course descriptions, prerequisites and grade-level requirements. Typical subject-area or curricular paths are also detailed in the Course Catalog.
- The catalog also includes the Academic Four-Year Planner, which should be considered each year a student goes through the course selection process.
- STUDENTS should direct any questions about the scheduling process, graduation requirements and colleges' course recommendations to their counselors. Counselors will review all selections in the next several weeks
- You will have to register for courses through Infinite Campus.
- Online Course Registration will be start on Thursday, February 1, 2016, at 8:00 pm.
- Log on to Infinite Campus with your student ID number and password.
- Click on “Registration: 16-17 Henry M. High School” from the menu.
- Courses you have already been placed in will appear in the list labeled “Required Courses.” If you wish to change any of these courses you must see your counselor.
- You will be placed in appropriate math and science courses by your current teachers. With the exception of certain electives, you do not have to select math and science courses. If you have questions about your math or science course placement, please see your current math or science teacher.
- To select the rest of your courses click on the “Course Search” tab. In the entry field labeled “Course Name", type in keywords from the course name or the course number and click “Go.”
- Click on the desired course from the list that appears on the right. Click on “Request this course” or “Request as an Alternate.”
- Repeat this process for each course.
- If you do not have access to online registration, you may pick up a course registration worksheet in the Guidance Office. Turn it in to the Guidance Office and let Ms. Francesconi know that you were not able to register online.