Our Mission Statement
The Mission of Henry M. Gunn High School is to foster a community of creative thinkers who will acquire knowledge, skills, values and integrity to: be resilient, responsible, respectful, contributing citizens; lead rewarding lives which pursue personal excellence and lifelong learning.
Our Vision Statement
The vision of Henry M. Gunn High School is to support all Gunn students as they prepare themselves to thrive as global citizens in a rapidly changing world. We develop our students’ knowledge, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, and nurture their curiosity, creativity, and resilience, empowering every child to reach his or her fullest intellectual, social, and creative potential.
Gunn SLOs (Student Learner Outcomes)
- Demonstrate knowledge of key concepts, principles, processes, facts, and skills in the disciplines of language arts, history-social science, mathematics, science, physical education, visual and performing arts, foreign language, career technical education, and health/practical living skills.
- Effective communication through listening, speaking, and writing.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to integrate knowledge among disciplines.
- Reading with understanding.
- Critical and creative thinking to solve problems.
- Effective use of technology.