- Athletic calendar (day/week/month view)
- Athletic calendar (list view)
- Athletic clearance & registration procedures
- Athletic handbook
- Athletic swag
- Athlete participation donation (please pay when registering)
- Athlete team practice dates
- Coaches Handbook
- Staff and coaches
- Sports boosters
- Sports medicine
- Varsity letters & letterman jackets
- Parent sports info slide presentation
- Gunn CIF Participation
Athletic calendar (day/week/month view)
Athletic calendar (list view)
Athletic clearance & registration procedures
The Clearance process consists of (1) registering student online and (2) turning in a physical form signed/stamped/dated by the student's doctor.
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND FOLLOW EACH STEP
Part I: Online Athletic Clearance/Registration
- Visit www.homecampus.com/login, watch quick tutorial video (optional).
- If it is your first time, then you must you must REGISTER. Click on the Register button. Parents register with valid email username and password. You will be asked to type in a code to verify you are human. If this step is skipped your account will not activate.
- Click on "New Clearance".
- Choose the School Year in which the student plans to
- Choose the School at which the student attends and will
- Choose Sport - choose the one for the current season
- If you student is going to play multiple sports, you will
- Complete all required fields for Student Information.
- Will need Students info - cell, e-mail, etc.
- Will need insurance information.
- Doctors Name and phone #
- Medical in insurance info
- Be sure to download the blank physical form during this step.
- Complete the Parent Information page.
- Complete the on-line Signatures. Both the parent and student must be present for this portion of the on-line clearance. One of the signatures will be confirmation that the Athletic Handbook has been read and understood. It is the responsibility of both the Parent and Athlete to read the Handbook and be aware of our policies and procedures.
- Select a participation donation option.
- When you get to the last page which will start with "You have successfully completed " BE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE MESSAGE. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select any other sports you student MAY play click the "Submit" button when done.
Part II: Athletic Physical Form
- Print out physical form and take it to the doctor's appointment Pre-Participation Physical Exam Form.
- Upload form to Athletic Clearance or turn-in form to Athletic Director or Athletic Trainer.
Athlete participation donation (please pay when registering)
The Palo Alto Unified School District only pays for coaches' stipends. Budget cuts and state regulations in recent years have eliminated all additional funding for high school sports. On average, the cost per athlete per sport is close to $250.00 This amount includes:
- League fees
- Tournament fees
- Medical supplies
- Equipment needed to compete for all of our sports
Your donation of $250 per athlete is the sole source of income to cover these expenses. (The district sets this amount.) Donations from student athletes cover about 80% of total program expenses' the rest is provided through fundraising. Without this money the athletic program can't continue, and will cease, as has already happened in some districts in California.
If the participation donation is a financial burden for your family, please consider giving what you can. Every contribution helps.
How to Donate?
- Donate via the Titan Webstore.
- Write a check - please make checks out to "Gunn High School Athletics", with your athlete's name and sport in the memo line OR .
- Donate at the end of the Athletic Clearance Registration.
Please Note: Athletic Participation Donations are separate from Sports Boosters donations. While Sports Boosters helps support Gunn Athletics, Sports Boosters donations do not cover the above-mentioned fees/supplies.
The Gunn Athletics Program is a successful and important part of the Gunn experience. Participation increases each year and last year over 55% of Gunn students participated in the sports program. Through the hard work and dedication of our coaches and athletes, Gunn athletes compete in the Central Coast Section and CIF State tournaments each year as well as other prestigious sporting events. These students, your children and their friends, need your support.
Athlete team practice dates
Staff and coaches
- Athletic Director - Curt Johansen
- Assistant Athletic Director - Kevin Johnson
- Athletic Trainer - Gagan Cheema
|Cross Country – Boys & Girls||Karen Saxena|
|Golf – Girls||Chris Redfield|
|Tennis – Girls||Jim Gorman|
|Volleyball – Girls||Baiba McGibben|
|Water Polo – Boys||Jamie Olson|
|Water Polo – Girls||Chris Ford|
|Basketball – Boys||Brandynn Williams|
|Basketball – Girls||DJ Kobza|
|Soccer – Boys||Vava Marques|
|Soccer – Girls||Diogo Oliveira de Sousa|
|Golf – Boys||Dave Letwich|
|Lacrosse – Boys||Jose Velasquez|
|Lacrosse – Girls||Andrea Keinath|
|Swimming – Boys & Girls||Dustin Fukuda|
|Tennis – Boys||Jim Gorman|
|Track and Field – Boys & Girls||Karen Saxena|
|Volleyball – Boys||Tony Bright|
Gunn High School Sports Boosters are parents, coaches and community members dedicated to supporting Gunn's athletic program.
- To find out more about Gunn Sports Boosters, become a member, or to donate, visit Gunn Sports Booster.
- For photos, updates, and more, follow Gunn Sports Boosters on Facebook.
Our mission is to serve the athletic population at Gunn High School by ensuring optimal health and performance through the use of evidenced-based practices in sports medicine. The Sports Medicine Staff work closely with local physicians and specialists to provide comprehensive medical care for our student-athletes. These standards are set by Gunn High School, the National Athletic Trainer's Association, the California Interscholastic Federation, and the Santa Clara Valley Athletic League.
The Gunn Sports Medicine department provides all student-athletes with the highest quality of medical care including the prevention of injury, intervention of emergency, acute and chronic medical conditions, functional limitations, and rehabilitation.
Athletic Trainers are licensed allied health care professionals who work directly under the supervision of a physician. In the event of an injury, our Athletic Trainer will provide the student-athlete with a comprehensive examination of his/her injury. Based on the assessment, the Athletic Trainer will determine the extent of the injury or illness and referrals will be made when appropriate. Further information will be shared with the athlete's family and involved health care providers with respect to the privacy of the athlete.
The Athletic Training Facility includes
- Treatment & Taping Stations
- Therapeutic Exercise Equipment
- Therapeutic Modalities
- First Aid Supplies
Links To Athletic Forms
Pre-Participation Physical Exam Form. Additional forms can be found on the Gunn Athletics website.
Sports Medicine Handbook
Here is the Sports Medicine Handbook.
Gunn COVID-19 Monitoring, Testing, and Reporting
Here is the COVID-19 procedures.
Local Hospitals & Emergency Contacts
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation (Palo Alto)
795 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94301
- Stanford Medical Center, E.R
900 Quarry Road Extension, Palo Alto, CA 94304
- Kaiser Permanente, E.R.
1150 Veterans Blvd., Redwood City, CA 94063
- El Camino Hospital Emergency
2500 Grant Rd, Mountain View, CA 94040
- Palo Alto Fire - Police
- Poison Control Center (aapcc.org)
- Crisis Text Line: text word “START” to 741-741 to text the suicide hotline
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255