If your student is going to be late to a period or will be missing one or more periods, contact us at email@example.com (preferred) or (650) 354-8210.
Urgent/time sensitive information should be relayed to (650) 354-8231. Examples of urgent/time sensitive information:
- Requiring your student to be taken out of class at short notice.
- Requiring the Attendance Office to relay an important message to your student.
- Requiring to discuss your student's attendance issue with an Attendance Office staff member.
Office hours: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Only the legal parent/guardian may excuse a student's absence or tardy
- Please report absences via email instead of phone call or voice messages, if possible.
- Any voice messages left after 2:30 PM will be documented by the Attendance clerk the next business day.
- It is the parent's responsibility to know when their student is not in school and to provide the reason, for all absences, to the school within 72 hours of the absence. Failure to do so will result in a student receiving a cut for the class and possible loss of opportunity to make-up work or tests.
When contacting the Attendance Office, please provide the following information (if leaving a voicemail message, please speak slowly and clearly and spell the name of the student):
- Name of the student.
- Grade level of the student
- Your name and your relationship to the student.
- Reason for the absence and the days/periods missed.
- Provide a valid email address or telephone number where you may be reached.
If your student is "on campus" at the time of an absence, they will require a staff member to excuse them.
If your student is ill and cannot attend class, they need to report to the Health Office with their teacher's permission.