Hours: *Mon-Thu: 8:00am-4:30pm
Phone: (650) 354-8212
The mission of the Gunn High School Counseling Department is to deliver a comprehensive counseling program that supports the development of all students in the academic, college/career, and social/emotional domains. We are committed to advocating for each student to achieve academic success and personal wellness. Through a system of collaboration with students, parents/guardians, staff, and the community, we empower students to discover their personal success while being responsible, compassionate individuals that provide positive contributions to a diverse and ever changing world.
By engaging in the Gunn Counseling curriculum, All Gunn Graduates will be:
- Contributing Community Members WHO:
- Are empathetic and connect with the world around them.
- Value diversity and collaboration
- Think proactively about problem solving
- Help those in-need and stand up to injustice
- Critical Thinkers WHO:
- Appropriately question, analyze, and evaluate information.
- Can create goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time bound.
- Problem-Solve through innovative thinking, creative solutions and a growth mindset
- Demonstrate the ability to self-reflect and adapt to change.
- Self Reliant Individuals WHO:
- Are able to follow through with expectations
- Identify resources and self advocate to effectively reach goals
- Seek opportunities and experiences particular to their personal interests and passions
- Maintain a healthy balance of school, personal and extracurricular activities
- Socially Aware Individuals WHO:
- Demonstrate effective verbal and nonverbal communication
- Establish healthy and mutually respectful relationships
- Know that growth happens through experience
- Value the diverse perspectives and strengths of others.