Mobile/Tablet Menu

Desktop Menu

Search Container

Off Campus Courses (Non PAUSD)

If you are considering whether to take a course off-campus, you have come to the right place! There are a variety of reasons why a student may want to take a course outside of PAUSD. Our hope is that you are looking to take courses off-campus for personal enrichment and not just for a grade on a transcript. Please read through the FAQ below and follow the appropriate steps as outlined.

Summer 2023 updates to Policy

Please note that Administrative Regulation (AR) 6146.11 has been updated and will apply to all off campus course requests starting with Summer 2023.

Starting with Summer 2023, prior-approved off-campus courses will transfer onto the PAUSD transcript with a CR/NC and will not be included in the PAUSD GPA. Students will need to submit separate transcripts to colleges to show the grade earned from the outside institution. In addition, schools that have supplemental (SEP) WASC accreditation will not be accepted. A school with supplemental accreditation may fall into one of the following categories:

  • Does not issue a high school diploma.
  • Does not have a UCOP course list.
  • And/or does not issue an official transcript with a grade and course units.

Schools commonly requested by PAUSD families.

With prior approval, the following exceptions allow off campus courses to be placed on the Gunn (PAUSD) transcript with a grade and included in the GPA:

  • Courses repeated for credit recovery (when a student has earned a grade lower than a C-).
  • CCAP - Dual Enrollment courses offered through PAUSD. (Courses that have a "D" following the course number i.e. 4915D).
  • World Language courses taken off campus that Gunn does not offer on campus.

All other prior-approved off-campus courses will receive a CR/NC grade on the PAUSD transcript.