If you need a Gunn transcript, you will need to use Parchment (www.parchment.com). Parchment is an online transcript-sending service that Gunn uses. (See 'Exception' at the bottom of this page.) Here are the directions for using Parchment to request an unofficial transcript (free) or an official transcript (if an institution is requesting one). Note that a fee may be charged for official transcripts.
Read the following instructions BEFORE you set up an account in Parchment so you know what to expect:
- When you create a Parchment account, enter your Date of Birth carefully. Any incorrect entry will cause a delay in Parchment processing.
- When Parchment asks you to 'Start by adding a school or organization you attended', enter 'Gunn High School'.
- If you want your most current unofficial (free) Gunn transcript stored in your Parchment account, be sure to check the box that says that you want a copy of your transcript stored in your account. Checking the box will cause Parchment to prompt the Gunn Registrar to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript to your Parchment account. This is a copy for you, to view/print/email only. It will NEVER be sent anywhere by Parchment. Any time you click on ‘Update’ on the bottom of the transcript image, Parchment will let the Registrar know to upload the newest unofficial transcript to your Parchment account.
- Once you decide you want to order a transcript to be sent out, you must generate a Parchment ‘order’ request. The Gunn Registrar will receive your request, via Parchment, and will upload your most current transcript to Parchment. Then Parchment will send the transcript out, as an ‘official transcript’, to whatever institution(s) you selected to receive it.
- For current students, the 1st two official transcripts ordered are free (tho you may see an occasional small fee if shipping/handling is involved). After the 2nd transcript, there is a fee for each additional official transcript ordered.
- For alumni, Parchment will charge a fee for each official transcript ordered.
- The Registrar processes Parchment requests daily, Monday through Friday.
Now that you know what to expect, go to www.parchment.com and begin!!
Exception: If you graduated before 2005, your transcript can not be retrieved via Parchment. Instead, contact the Registration Services dept at the District Office at email@example.com or call 650-329-3707.