On Thursday, March 12th and Friday, March 13th, YCS-Interact Club and Key Club will host the annual Gunn Service Day. Students have the opportunity to complete service off-campus at different organizations throughout the mid-peninsula area (March 12th) or throughout the day on-campus in the Library (March 13th).
Off-Campus Service Projects: March 12
On Thursday, March 12th, all volunteers must check in to Spangenberg Theater at 8:00 am. Return times will vary slightly, but everyone will be back on campus no later than 2:15 pm.
- Permission Slips: After signing up for your service site, look for an email from your student leader. They will email the permission forms to you. Once completed, turn them into the Wellness Center. You must turn in your permission slips to the Wellness Center by March 5th. If you don’t have a permission slip, you will not be able to attend.
- Excusing Your Absence: After you have signed up for your site, please have your teachers sign the Prior Approval Form for the periods you will be missing and turn it into the Attendance Office.
- Come Prepared: Be sure you bring a bag lunch, wear appropriate clothing (something you don’t mind getting dirty and sensible shoes, etc.), and don’t bring anything valuable (you’ll be moving around a lot).
- Hours Verification: YCS will track your service hours. Please come to a YCS-Interact Club meeting (Mondays at lunch in room N115) and have the YCS staff member, Mr. Deggeller, or Ms. Ichikawa sign your form. You can also come to the YCS office on campus (room V14) but please email email@example.com before to be sure someone will be there to sign your form.
On-Campus Service Projects: March 13
On Friday, March 13th, we will have many different service projects that can be done in a short period of time available to anyone who is interested. These activities will be run all day, so join us during your preps, Flex, and lunch!
- Location: Library
- Students: You do not need to sign up to participate during any prep, Flex, and Lunch service projects. Come and enjoy!
- Adult Volunteer: Link coming soon!
Questions? Please contact Ashley Yee-Mazawa: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Ichikawa: email@example.com and Ms. Ja: firstname.lastname@example.org