On Thursday, March 7, YCS-Interact Club and Key Club host the annual Gunn Service Day. Students have the opportunity to complete service off-campus at different organizations throughout the mid-peninsula area or on-campus during Flex Time and lunch. Participating in Service Day can help students recognize what they can offer to their community and help build your confidence. Join us for the largest service event of the year!
Off-Campus Service Projects
All volunteers must check in to Spangenberg Theater at 8:00 am. Return times will vary slightly, but everyone will be back on campus no later than 2:15 pm.
- Permission Slips: After signing up for your service site, look for an email from your student leader. They will email the permission forms to you. Once completed, turn them into the main office. You must turn in your permission slips by February 22nd.If you don’t have a permission slip, you will not be able to attend.
- Excusing Your Absence: After you have signed up for your site look for a message from Ms. La Place. She will give you instructions for excusing your absence. If you don’t see a message from her, you must check in with her in person to be sure you are able to attend Service Day.
- Come Prepared: Be sure you bring a bag lunch, wear appropriate clothing (something you don’t mind getting dirty and sensible shoes, etc.), and don’t bring anything valuable (you’ll be moving around a lot).
- Hours Verification: YCS will track your service hours. Please come to a YCS-Interact Club meeting (Mondays at lunch in room N115) and have the YCS staff member or Mr. Deggeller sign your form.
- How to Signup:
- Student Volunteer Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0b49aea72fa6f94-gunn
- Adult Volunteer Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0b49aea72fa6f94-adult
On-Campus Service Projects
We will have many different service projects that can be done in a short period of time available to anyone who is interested during Flex Time and during Lunch.
- Location: TBD
- Hours Verification: We will have a “passport” system to track the number of service projects you complete. When you arrive at Service Day check in with the hours verification table to get your tracking card. Take this card to each service project you complete then return the card to the hours verification table where they will track your hours for you. To have your hours signed off, please either come to a Key Club meeting (Fridays at lunch in room N-113) or to a YCS-Interact meeting (Mondays at Lunch in room N115) and ask the YCS staff person to sign off on your service.
- Students: You do not need to sign up to participate during Flex and Lunch service projects. Come and enjoy!
- Adult Volunteer: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0b49aea72fa6f94-adult