This week has these alternate schedules:
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19
Period A (8:25-9:40)
Period B (9:55-11:05)
Period C (11:15-12:25)
Period F (1:05-2:15)
Staff Meeting (2:25-3:35)
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 20
Period D (8:25-9:40)
Period E (9:55-11:05)
Period B (11:15-12:25)
Period A (1:05-2:15)
Period G (2:25-3:35)
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21
Period C (8:25-9:40)
Period D (9:55-11:05)
Period E (11:15-12:25)
Period F (1:05-2:15)
Period G (2:25-3:35)
- Are ice tables your super power? Do you want to take an extra chemistry test just for fun? Then sign up to take the Chemistry Olympiad after school March 23 at 2:45 in Room J-8. Talk to your science teacher or go to https://forms.gle/Y9F2PxYcpzcA4KYs9
- Stanford’s Allcove Youth Advisory Group wants you to join them as a voice for youth mental health access. They provide mental health services to young adults and need your input about how to reduce the stigma, create a name-brand and logo, and reach out to local students. If you’re at least 16 and want to raise awareness about mental health, email email@example.com by March 1.
- The Palo Alto Weekly’s annual Short Story Contest is now underway, and all PAUSD students are eligible to enter. Stories of up to 2500 words are accepted by the March 27 deadline. Go to paloaltoonline.com/short_story
- The Academic Center is looking for a Physics Tutor for Periods A and G, and also an IAC tutor who speaks Mandarin. If you can help, please come to the AC in Room D-2 or sign up on gunn.tutorbook.app. You will be awarded Community Service hours for your time.
- Enter the “Be-You-tiful Be Free” writing contest to win up to $300! Write a poem or essay about what you do to alleviate stress, how your body image impacts yourself and others, or a letter you’d give to a friend who is feeling depressed. Information is at https://bit.ly/2ZmQMFH and entries are due by March 3.
- Come to Gunn’s second annual Back-to-School Picnic and Social next Wednesday, September 4, 5:30-7:30 pm on the Amphitheatre. You’ll enjoy the Gunn Pep Rally Band and dinner from food trucks like Crepes & Waffles, MoBowl, the Oaxacan Kitchen and Mister Softee. All Gunn students, families, staff and alumni are invited. Bring a picnic or a few bucks to buy dinner or dessert. RSVP at https://tinyurl.com/GunnBTSPicnic19. See you there!
- Attention Seniors: If you want your Community Service hours to go on your Gunn transcript, the Community Service Tracking Form must be turned in to the Assistant Principal of Guidance by September 6 at the latest. Remember: you must have at least 100 hours of service on the form before you turn it in. No late forms will be accepted. And the form must be legible.
- The Fall Club Charter application is now online. If you’d like to start a club this fall, complete both the online form and paper forms by 4pm September 4. Forms are at https://tinyurl.com/hvb9bqa
- Parking permits are on sale in the Student Activities office for seniors only. They cost $125 and application forms are in the SAO. Carpool and single-driver permits are available only to seniors living past El Camino, Foothill, Page Mill, and Adobe Creek. Starting September 9, any senior can get a permit until they are sold out. Due to limited space, only seniors may purchase permits. Juniors with special circumstances should fill out a form at https://tinyurl.com/permitrequests.
- Day Planners have arrived and are available for pickup in the Student Activities Center, open 12:15-4:15. If you already purchased an ASB Membership Card or Lightning Pass, come to the SAC to have your card punched so you can take advantage of discounts for sports events, dances, apparel and other Gunn activities. ASB Membership cards are still on sale and pay for themselves after you get two dance tickets, a yearbook, or a sweatshirt! Buy yours at https://tinyurl.com/TitanWebStore or go to the Student Activities Center.
- This year’s TEDxGunnHighSchool will be on January 17, so get excited! The theme is “One Step Forward.” If you’d like to speak or perform at this event or know someone who would, apply at https://forms.gle/kX6fEwTmm2mMy8iC8 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a B prep period and can tutor French 2, please come to the Academic Center right away and become an AC tutor. Apply in Room D-2, or log onto Tutorbook.app and create an account. Merci!