DAILY BULLETIN Jan. 19
- Seniors! Please check the list of Graduates Names in the main office window to verify the spelling of your name. This is what appears on your June diploma. Email changes to firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan. 26.
Gunn High School will offer the F=ma exam for 2022 (Exam B) on February 15 at 4:40pm. It is a 75-minute exam. THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS THIS THURSDAY! You MUST submit this form by 5pm on Thursday, 1/20/22. (https://forms.gle/KUoatNBcREEKv2fn8) If you have any questions, contact Laurie Pennington (email@example.com). If you want more information about the F=ma exam, check out the AAPT website: https://www.aapt.org/physicsteam/2022/importantdates.cfm
To better accommodate students' needs, the TRC is expanding its hours:
Monday, Tuesday: 8:30-5
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:30-5:30
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other times, as needed
- GunnHacks, Gunn's annual 24-hour hackathon organized by the United Computations Club and sponsored by the Gunn Computer Science Department, takes place Feb. 5-6 and will be virtual. Sign up at https://gunnhacks.com/register. All experience levels are welcome -- get workshops, activities, swag and prizes! Email email@example.com with questions.
- TEDxGunnHighSchool is coming on February 7! Stay tuned for more information including speaker lineup and registration links soon!
- Drop by the Student Activities Center 12:30-4:30pm for a warm space during lunch or your afternoon prep, board games, charging stations, hot water and hot chocolate or tea (bring your own cup or buy one for 25 cents).
- Do you love chemistry? Do you like taking tests? Do I have a great opportunity for you! Take the Chemistry Olympiad to show what you know and maybe even get the chance to take more chemistry tests! For more information and to sign up by January 30, see this form. The test will be in late March, in person, at Gunn, for free. More details to follow.
- The second round of Student-led grant applications from the PTSA are due January 28. See more information and the application here. Congratulations to these groups who were awarded Fall grants: Best Buddies Club, Chariot magazine, e-Sports Club, Math Club Competition, Hellos magazine, Junior and Freshman classes, Garden Club, Bike Club, and Gunn Hacks 8.0.
- The Spring Club Charter application form is now open. If you have been thinking about chartering a club for Spring semester, fill out the form and follow all the instructions before Jan. 26, 4pm. Clubs that chartered this Fall do not need to reapply for Spring Semester. Link to the Spring Club Charter Application
- The Academic Center is recruiting for a 6th period French tutor. Please come to the AC in D2 to apply.
- Take advantage of the after-school drop-in tutoring clinics in the Academic Center! Math tutoring is available after school Monday through Thursday, Chem H tutoring is available on Monday and Tuesday, and Biology A and H tutoring is available on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. If you can tutor, or if you want a tutor, come apply in the Gunn AC in D2 today.