DAILY BULLETIN Oct. 22
- As you may or may not know, the annual AMC (American Mathematics Competition) has been moved to November this year! Please sign up for the AMC 10/12A (taking place afterschool on November 10) if you are interested in participating. More information regarding AMC 10/12B signups will be released soon. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Come hear "A Night of Jazz" on Friday, 7:30pm in Spangenberg. Students and booster members get free admission! $5 for others.
- Would you like to study abroad this summer? Gunn High School is a CIEE Global Navigator High School and receives significant scholarship money to support students like you! Ask Ms. Matchett (Lmatchett@pausd.org) or Ms. Ja (Kja@pausd.org) for more info or go to https://www.ciee.org/go-abroad/high-school-study-abroad/summer/global-navigator-scholarships Apply early since some programs fill up very quickly.
- Students! Want to help plan March Career Month at Gunn? Volunteers earn community service hours or Work Experience class credit for being a speaker liaison, creating promotional material, and/or attending weekly meetings. Follow this link or contact Rachael Kaci (email@example.com)..
- The Gunn PTSA is offering Student-Led Grants with $15,000 waiting to be awarded. Please read these guidelines to understand the process and apply by Oct. 30. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Order a Senior Recognition Ad for the yearbook by October 31. Email email@example.com with questions. Get Order Forms Here
- Senior portraits for the yearbook are due the week of January 3. Make an appointment at 408-354-8660 with Now and Forever Studio. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Class Cap and Gown orders are due to Jostens by Nov. 19. Watch this video for more information or visit www.Jostens.com. Need to borrow a gown? Gown Loaner Request Form
Volunteers are needed for the October 30, "Trunk or Treat" tradition in Gunn's parking lot 3-6pm, hosted by YCS (Youth Community Services). Trunk-or-Treat is a tradition where parked cars get decked out with a thematic Halloween flair. Help is needed with set-up, clean-up, distribution of goodie bags and student trunk decoration. If you want to come in costume in a decorated car and wave at passing cars, you can volunteer anytime between 2-7 pm. Volunteers are required to wear masks. Sign up at https://tinyurl.com/TorT2021 or email email@example.com.
TEDxGunnHighSchool is coming February 7, 2022 -- get excited! Our theme is "Call to Adventure." If you would like to speak, dance, perform music, stand-up comedy, etc., OR know someone who would (student or adult), fill out this form t.ly/r13 by October 29. Student speakers must audition! Your time commitment includes working with club members to edit your talk/performance and attending rehearsals in late January. Clubs are welcome to perform. Link: t.ly/wi2j Email firstname.lastname@example.org, go to tedxgunnhighschool.com/, or follow our Facebook page TEDxGunnHighSchool and Instagram @tedxghs!
The Academic Center is offering a new Chem H drop-in Tutoring Clinic every Monday and Tuesday after school in the library, and a new Algebra 1 Drop-in Clinic every day after school in the library. We're also offering Biology A tutoring every Monday and World History tutoring every Tuesday on a drop-in basis. AP Physics tutors are available upon request. If you can tutor Biology A, Biology H, or World History after school any day, please contact Pam Steward in the AC. All tutors earn community service hours for their time.