TRANSCRIPTS FOR CURRENT GUNN STUDENTS (Class of 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) AND ALUMNI
Class of 2020 ONLY
Hello from the Registrar!
If you are planning to attend a 2-year or 4-year college, that college will require you to send them a Final Transcript. The method that Gunn is using to send the Final Transcript to colleges is Parchment, an online transcript-sending service.
The website is www.parchment.com
Some of you have never used Parchment before. (Examples: if you only applied to Common App schools, your counselor uploaded your transcript for you, using Naviance; if you only applied to UCs/CSUs, no transcript was needed.)
But EVERYBODY will need to set up a Parchment account, and use it to send their Final Transcript out.
HERE'S HOW TO SET UP A PARCHMENT ACCOUNT
- Enter Date of Birth carefully. Any incorrect entry will cause a delay in Parchment processing.
- When Parchment asks you to 'Start by adding a school or organization you attended', enter 'Gunn High School'.
- Be sure to check the box that says that you want a copy of your transcript stored in your account. Checking that box will cause Parchment to prompt the Gunn Registrar to upload an UNOFFICIAL copy of your transcript to your Parchment account. This is a pdf copy for you to view/print out. It is FREE. And it will never be sent anywhere. Any time you click on 'Update' on the bottom of the transcript image, Parchment will let the Registrar know to upload the NEWEST unofficial transcript to your Parchment account.
ORDERING A TRANSCRIPT
- Once you have a Parchment account and are ready to order a Final Transcript in Parchment, you must generate an 'Order' request.
- When Parchment asks when you want your Final Transcript sent, your choices will be 'Send Now' or 'Hold For Grades'. Please indicate 'Hold For Grades.' That will tell Parchment (and the Registrar) that you only want your transcript sent AFTER 2nd semester grades are on it.
- The Gunn Registrar will receive your request, via Parchment. When it is time, the Registrar will upload your NEWEST transcript to Parchment. Then Parchment will send the transcript out, as an OFFICIAL transcript, to whatever institution you selected to receive it.
- Your first two official transcripts ordered are free. After that, there is a fee for each additional transcript.
- The Registrar processes Parchment orders daily, Mon-Fri. Remember that all orders in the 'Hold For Grades' category will NOT be processed until 2nd semester grades are on the transcript.
The Registrar will only send your Final Transcript to ONE COLLEGE, unless you are in a Wait List situation and want your transcript also sent to your Wait List school(s). If you are in this situation, you MUST email your Wait List letter(s) to the Registrar (Tracy Douglas; email@example.com). If you have questions about this, or if your circumstances change, email Mrs. Douglas.
Order your Final Transcript in Parchment by THURSDAY, JUNE 18. (If you wait until after June 18, the Registrar will be gone for the summer and your Parchment transcript order will not be processed!)
Download these instructions:
Class of 2021, 2022, 2023
Unofficial transcript: see the Registrar or your counselor. They can hand you a paper copy.
Official transcript: An official transcript can NOT be handed to you. It must be mailed, by the Registrar, to the institution requesting it (summer program, etc.). You must provide the Registrar with an envelope (stamped and addressed to the institution). The return address must be Gunn’s address (not your home).
The 1st two official transcripts are free. After that, it is $10 per official transcript.
Please give the Registrar at least 48 hours to process your request.
Note to class of 2021, 2022, 2023: Please do NOT attempt to use Parchment for transcript requests. Any Parchment requests received by the Registrar will be denied!
Gunn Alumni (class of 2005 through class of 2019)
You can now access your transcript through Parchment, an online transcript sending service that Gunn uses.
Read the following instructions BEFORE you set up an account in Parchment so you know what to expect:
- When you create a Parchment account, enter your Date of Birth carefully. Any incorrect entry will cause a delay in Parchment processing.
- Your ‘Sending School’ is Gunn High School.
- If you want your most current unofficial (free) Gunn transcript stored in your Parchment account, be sure to check the box that says that you want a copy of your transcript stored in your account. Checking the box will cause Parchment to prompt the Gunn Registrar to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript to your Parchment account. This is a copy for you to view/print only. It will NEVER be sent anywhere. Any time you click on ‘Update’ on the bottom of the transcript image, Parchment will let the Registrar know to upload the newest unofficial transcript to your Parchment account.
- Once you decide you want to order a transcript to be sent out, you must generate a Parchment ‘order’ request. The Gunn Registrar will receive your request, via Parchment, and will upload your most current transcript to Parchment. Then Parchment will send the transcript out, as an ‘official transcript’, to whatever institution(s) you selected to receive it.
- Parchment will charge you a fee for each official transcript ordered.
Now that you know what to expect, go to www.parchment.com and begin!!
More instructions needed? Go to www.parchment.com/studentkit, or see the Registrar.
Gunn Alumni (prior to class of 2005)
If you graduated from Gunn prior to 2005, your transcript is stored at the District Office, in the Registration Services department. To request a copy, go to www.pausd.org/student-services/student-records
Or you can call Registration Services at 650-329-3707.