Get a first-hand experience of Gunn by volunteering. Studies show parent involvement with the school contributes to a student's success. There are many jobs; some that bring parents on campus to serve students directly and some that enable parents to work together. All are designed to make Gunn a strong, supportive, fun community!
|SCHOOL JOBS||PTSA JOBS|
Sign up today
To volunteer at Gunn: https://goo.gl/forms/Vz7dNXotJg3qVKUp2
To volunteer for PTSA: https://goo.gl/forms/wv1Lc7jUtrKQWFoo2
New School Nutrition Regulations Mean Changes for School Meals
Please take some time and revisit our menus as they offer new items such as soup, tortellini, fish tacos, etc. We have also been modifying recipes to include less sodium and saturated fat. Students will be offered foods from five food groups (grains, fruit, vegetable, protein, and dairy) and they must take at least 3 of the 5 menu items. In addition, they must always take at least a half cup of a fruit or vegetable. Please be proactive and talk with your child about the USDA ChooseMyPlate. We will use this identifier to try and help students put into practice the guidelines needed to help them build healthier meals. For more information on ChooseMyPlate, please visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
PAUSD provides Lunch at all schools, and brunch is at middle and high schools. Snacks, or a la carte items, are offered during brunch and lunch at middle schools and high schools.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Alva Spence (Nutrition Services Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free and Reduced Priced Meals
Families may be eligible for free or reduced priced meals. To apply for Free or Reduced Meals please contact Food Services. You can also pick up a Free and Reduced Meal Application Form at any school site or at the district office, and mail it to: 25 Churchill Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94306.
Contact us by phone at 650-329-3806 or email email@example.com
Login Portal: http://icportal.pausd.org
How-To & Helpful links: https://www.pausd.org/teaching-learning/infinite-campus
- New parent accounts require an activation code. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request one and they will send instructions via email.
- Additional instructions can be found on the PAUSD website: https://www.pausd.org/teaching-learning/infinite-campus
- Students should be logging into Infinite Campus via PAUSD's Rapid Identity (ID) Portal login.
- If students are having problems logging into their ID Portal account, please contact email@example.com or Gunn's IT staff.
- If a student tries to log in more than three times with the wrong password, the IC/ID account will be disabled.
Infinite Campus requires password reset questions and challenge images to be set up on user accounts. Users are allowed to defer setting those preferences twice, but on the third login attempt the system will force the process. The preference choices required:
- Changing to a new, strong password
- Enter a New Password and Verify the New Password. The box to the right of each of these fields indicates the strength of the new password. Red means weak, yellow means medium and green means strong. Users will not be allowed to save a red or yellow password.
- Setting a Password Recovery Email
- Enter your Email address if the existing email address on the account is incorrect. This must be a valid email address. Password recovery is done through a unique URL sent to this email address. Failure to provide a legitimate email address means an inability to recover your password.
- Setting User Preferences
- Set up challenge "Likes and Dislikes" image selections. You will need to ensure a total of 8 Likes and 8 Dislikes images populate the Your Selection area prior to saving.
Infinite Campus Mobile App
Infinite Campus has an app to help manage student grades, attendance, and schedule on your mobile device. Download and install the app from your device's app store. Follow the on-screen instructions to search for Palo Alto Unified, and log in using your Infinite Campus credentials.
Medication Authorization - Authorization of medication use during school hours, field trips, or disasters.
Private Vehicle - Parent and Volunteer form for using personal vehicles for field trips or athletics.
Financial Assistance Application - Application for the financial assistance with school items or events.
Prior Approved Absence Request - Application for a warranted absence request (must be completed at least 72 hours prior to absence).