Welcome to the Counseling Department
Welcome to the Gunn High School Counseling Department! It is our goal to provide a comprehensive resource to help students develop and acquire skills, abilities, knowledge and attitudes necessary to plan for their future. Our Counseling staff is committed to the success of all students.
- Hours: Mo-Fri 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (during the school year)
- Location: Gunn Main Office building
- Phone: (650) 354-8212
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FINAL TRANSCRIPTS/POST-HIGH SCHOOL PLANS
- GRADUATION SURVEY
As soon as you have decided your post-high school plans, go to your Naviance Student account and complete the 2019 Gunn Graduation Survey. You must complete this survey by May 17, 2019 or YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PICK UP YOUR CAP AND GOWN!!
Note: If you do not have a Naviance Student account, please email Mr. Lang in the College and Career Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- FINAL TRANSCRIPT REQUEST
If you are planning to attend college, you will need to have your final transcript sent to your college of choice. (Four-year colleges expect a final transcript!!) To have your final transcript sent out, you must use Parchment. Parchment is the on-line transcript sending service that Gunn uses. The website is www.parchment.com.
Things to remember about ordering your final transcript:
-If you have not used Parchment before (examples: you only applied to Common App schools; you only applied to UCs/CSUs), you must first set up a Parchment account. Go to Parchment and click on ‘Sign Up’.
-When Parchment asks when you want your final transcript sent, indicate ‘Hold for Grades’. That will tell Parchment that you want your transcript sent after 2nd semester grades are on it.
-Have Parchment questions? Go to www.parchment.com/studentkit, or see the Registrar. The Registrar is the one who processes all Parchment requests.
-Order your final transcript in Parchment BY THURSDAY, JUNE 13.
(If you wait until after June 13, the Registrar will be gone for the summer and your Parchment transcript request will NOT be processed!)
Thank you for your cooperation in this important step in closing your Gunn High School experience. Best wishes for your future happiness and success!
CURRENT GUNN STUDENTS (Class of 2020, 2021, 2022) AND ALUMNI
Class of 2020, 2021, 2022
- Unofficial transcript: see the Registrar or your counselor. They can hand you a paper copy.
- Official transcript: An official transcript can NOT be handed to you. It must be mailed, by the Registrar, to the institution requesting it (summer program, etc.). You must provide the Registrar with an envelope (stamped and addressed to the institution). The return address must be Gunn’s address (not your home).
- The 1st two official transcripts are free. After that, it is $10 per official transcript.
- Please give the Registrar at least 48 hours to process your request.
Note to class of 2020, 2021, 2022: Please do NOT attempt to use Parchment for transcript requests. Any Parchment requests received by the Registrar will be denied!
Gunn Alumni (class of 2005 through class of 2018)
You can now access your transcript through Parchment, an online transcript sending service that Gunn uses. You can use Parchment just to view your Gunn transcript, or you can use it to send your Gunn transcript to colleges.
Please read the following instructions BEFORE you set up an account in Parchment so you know what to expect:
- When you create a Parchment account, enter your Date of Birth carefully. Any incorrect entry will cause a delay in Parchment processing.
- Your ‘Sending School’ is Gunn High School.
- After you create a Parchment account, the Gunn Registrar will be notified, and will be prompted to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript to your Parchment account. This is a copy for you to view/print only. It will NEVER be sent to any colleges.
- Once you decide you want to order a transcript to be sent out, you must generate a Parchment ‘order’ request. The Gunn Registrar will receive your request, via Parchment, and will upload your most current transcript to Parchment. Then Parchment will send the transcript out, as an ‘official transcript’, to whatever institution(s) you selected to receive it.
- Parchment will charge you a fee for each official transcript ordered.
Now that you know what to expect, go to www.parchment.com and begin!!
More instructions needed? Go to www.parchment.com/studentkit, or see the Registrar.
Gunn Alumni (prior to class of 2005)
If you graduated from Gunn prior to 2005, your transcript is stored at the District Office, in the Registration Services department. To request a copy, go to www.pausd.org/student-services/student-records
Or you can call Registration Services at 650-329-3707.
Class of 2019 Parent Presentation - September 2018
Senior Assembly Presentation - September 2018
The College Essay - Tarn Wilson - May, 2019
Building a College List - Donna Piopi - May, 2019
Changing Trends in College Admissions - Felicia Fahey
Rising Seniors Presentation - 01/14/2019
11th Grade Parent Night 2018
Sophomore Parent Presentation - September 2018
Incoming Freshmen Presentation - February 2019
Freshmen Parent Presentation - September 2018